Senior Backend Engineer (Firebase, Typescript, Jest)
We are looking for a senior back end engineer to help scale our app and e-commerce businesses. You’ll work with our other developers to build out new back end functionality and integrations to help provide personalized experiences to our users, data to our teams, and automation for everyone. You’ll focus more on architecture, test driven development, and quality code than worrying about screaming managers or insane deadlines. And unless something really hits the fan, we’re going to expect you to enjoy your evenings and weekends.
Tech Stack & Skills
- TDD – you must have experience writing tests (we use Jest), including mocking, fixtures, and factories
- Firebase (mostly Firestore & Functions)
- RDB experience a plus
- Involved in the entire lifecycle of the code, from user stories to tests to code to release
- Troubleshoot and debug code and back end issues
- Write unit and integration tests with a TDD approach (red, green, refactor)
- Participate in daily stand-ups and be a team member on Slack, Slack Huddles, and Google Meets
How We Work
Although our applications run at scale, our approach to code is pretty simple – write tests that translate into beautiful, clean code which does what it’s expected to do, which means that everyone gets to sign off at night and enjoy their weekends. So long as you deliver great code and communicate well (generally via slack or Google Meet), you’ll have a happy home at Undefined.
We offer all the benefits of a real company – health insurance, 401(k), PTO, optional company trips, and more!
You must include a link to some public repos of your own work. We don’t care if you create a new one just so we can see your best code, but developers without any code or who claim “everything I worked on was proprietary so I can’t share it” won’t be considered. Your repo should include some examples of tests you’ve written, and feel free to share the story of the code too (optional).
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email resume to email@example.com